9th's Library: A selection of articles
Selected Articles from The Dispatch
These informative articles by 9th Pennsylvania Reserves members were published in earlier issues of The Dispatch and are included here for easy reference.
- Johnson, Karl. Men of the 9th Reserves During the War's Final Years (Feb 1998).
- Kocur, Rich. Avoiding the Cold Shoulder (and Feet) at Camp Wright (Mar 1994 and Mar 1997).
- Matviya, John J. Basic Training at Camp Wilkins and Camp Wright (Mar 1997).
- Miller, B. J. Materia Medica [I] (May 1997).
- Miller, B. J. Materia Medica [II] (Sept 1997).
- Miller, B. J. Materia Medica: Necessity -- The Mother of Invention (Nov 1999).
- Owston, James Martin & Chris Rasmussen. The Hardest Part of the Battle is Getting Into It: Sergeant Major Andrew Porter Morrison (May 1999).
- Rasmussen, Chris & James Martin Owston. History of Ninth Pennsylvania Reserve Corps (Nov 1998).
- Shelby, Jo. Christmas at the Time of the Civil War (Dec 1997).
- Shelby, Jo. An Overview of Etiquette (Feb 1998).
- Shelby, Jo. An Overview of the United States Sanitary Commission (Feb 1998).
- Sherry, Jeff. Authentic or Just Think You Are: Authenticity vs. Our Perceptions of Authenticity (Summer 1998).
- Sherry, Jeff. Company "F": The Ninth's Crawford County Connection (Dec 1997).
- Sherry, Jeff. The Men:
The Average Soldier of the 9th Pennsylvania Reserves: A Comparison of the Two Companies (Dec 1999).
- Vargo, David J. Civilian Occupations During the Civil War (July 1997).
Return to the 9th Pennsylvania Reserves Home Page.
For further information write to 9th Pennsylvania Reserves,c/o 1887 Old Ramsey Rd., Monroeville, PA 15146.
© July 1998